Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A little shelf styling

There's something about a beautifully styled shelf that gets me every time.  How do they do it?  Is there some mathematical formula that I'm just not following?  Take my coffee station shelves for example.  Not too bad - just...something missing.  I'm constantly moving things around, trying to make them seem full, but not too full.  Coordinated, but not too matchy matchy.  It's a work in progress, but I think it's taken a step in the right last weekend...

Here's where I began:


See what I mean?  Totally fine.  Just missing some colour?  Too much empty space?

Well, I moved/added some things and I like how it's shaping up.  Still too much empty space I think, but we're getting there!




You'll notice in the photo below that I reflected the books/teapot instead, so the pot and hippo weren't going head to head...




Before and After...thoughts?  Any experts have suggestions?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...