Tuesday, January 10, 2012

the floating cabinet effect.

Just wanted to let you in on a little home update!  There's lots of new things going on, but nothing totally finished (stay tuned)...still, I'm excited about my new china cabinet solution.  I had my heart set on something like this...


or this...



so I was looking online for something similar.  No luck on Kijiji, but Crate and Barrel had it!  For $1200...  Then I saw this on Pinterest...the floating cabinet.





It basically has the elements that I like about the other ones (the actual pieces of furniture).  I wanted something long and high off the ground, rather than tall and towering like traditional china cabinets.  And it was going next to our table, so I wanted it to be buffet height, so it could be functional for holding things that don't fit on our table.  Then in a recent trip to Ikea, we found these floating cabinets for half price! Altogether it ended up costing approximately $200 (much better than $1200!) and I love it!  I love how it looks, but the best part is that's so functional for serving and storage.  Our nice china is finally put away, and not in boxes in the basement.  Can't wait to get a big piece of art, or collection of art above it.  Something colourful :) 





(Shout out to my awesome husband and Josh Kubassek for putting it up!  And to Alicia for the chat while we watched them work :)


Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...