Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Toms.

I got my first pair of Toms from my boyfriend (he's the best!) - I have the red ones, and I think they're great. I say first pair, because I'm definitely going to get another pair sometime, at the very least when mine wear out. They are light, comfortable, and a perfect fit. The best part about Toms, is that for every pair you buy, they give a pair to a child in need - here's the story from their website..


"In 2006 an American traveler, Blake Mycoskie, befriended children in Argentina and found they had no shoes to protect their feet. Wanting to help, he created TOMS Shoes, a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. One for One. Blake returned to Argentina with a group of family, friends and staff later that year with 10,000 pairs of shoes made possible by caring TOMS customers.

Since our beginning in May 2006, TOMS has given over 400,000* pairs of shoes to children in need, through the purchases of caring customers."



I love that.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...